Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas in Pictures!


(Christmas Eve 2009)

Last year everyone came to us so that we could spend the majority of our time at the hospital with the two most important people in our lives.

(from 1st bday photo shoot)


Christmas card picture 2010 :)

This year we traveled... and I think the boys fared a bit better than their parents! ;) We had Christmas with the McKay's on the 12th in New Baltimore, near St. Clair Shores. Went to Peacock to visit Santa the next weekend. Went to Grammy and Grampa's Christmas Eve, celebrated with the Main's Christmas morning. Went to Grandma and Papa's for Christmas afternoon and evening. Then went to Troy Sunday for the Maier Christmas! Got all that? ;) I can't wait to stay home for the New Year weekend!

Anyway, here's a few pictures to tide you over


Tree picture with the McKay cousins


Conner and Somer playing with Simon


Ahh, Christmas present chaos


Grammy helping Simon open his present


New "just our size" radio flyer wagons from GG!


Elliott and Grammy being silly


Simon, wiped out with Aunt Erin


Elliott and Aunt Sandy checking out Grammy's tree


Papa and the boys! :)


Uncle Brudder's new shirt!


Grandma's "I love Grandma frame"!


Break time on our new... pillows? Cute anyway!


Smothering Auntie Julie with kisses!


Daddy and Simon reading their new book


Adorable Jake and Auntie having fun... of course!

*Edit - I want to make sure to say that I wouldn't have changed a thing about our Christmas. I loved being able to see most of our family. Yes, it was ragged, yes it was exhausting, and yes it was tons of fun! I'm not one of those keep Christ in CHRISTmas... I'm just not. I do know that where the holiday stemmed from, but we've always celebrated Santa Claus and Rudolph and presents, oh glorious presents! ;) But I think the thing that stays constant no matter who you celebrate - the biggest celebration in all of it being together with friends and family. So yes I am looking forward to staying home this weekend, but I'd travel across the state three more times for Christmas with my boys!

1 comment:

HollyMom said...

Love the update! I was wondering if we should offer to take the boys over New Year's Eve so you and Barry could go out...sounds like a "staying in" weekend is calling your name..... ;-)