Monday, January 19, 2009

To blog or not to blog

I'm sure there are thousand entries out there that have this heading, but it's something that's been spinning around in my head for a while. As you can see Barry and I set this up eons ago... and then surprise! we didn't do anything with it. We did use our wedding website (that has since expired), so that served any purpose we needed it to.

But seriously, like I said, I've thought a lot about blogging... and wondering why people do. I LOVE to read other people's blogs! But I do feel a little like I'm spying on their private lives, especially when someone has links on a friends blog, so I wind up reading the blog of a friend of a friend of a friend. I assume that because they put it out there, they're okay with that though. Or, you might be someone like Barry, that reads blogs pertaining to particular interests, which I get (understand) more than just random entries. My interest is people, so I spy. Do I write and let people "spy" on me? I was talking about one the blogs I've been checking in on every now and then with Barry the other night and he said "you should blog..." and we remembered we had this. Obviously I'm in control of what I write, so why not!??! Besides, someday I hope to be pregnant - (not quite yet!) and I've seen blogs chronicling a mothers/fathers experience with pregnancy, and eventually a new baby, and presumably what will be an extended, growing family. I wouldn't mind a record of that... :) (Are smiley faces "against the rules" in blogging?)

In the shorter term - we got a neat Christmas gift from my brother - a travel journal. So while we're away in Costa Rica (just over a month away!) we can log our journey (because there might not be internet honey!) and then transfer it here when we're back.

Maybe we'll get ourselves together enough to set up a flicker page and link it here? Time will tell, so far this wasn't too bad :D

No comments: