I had seen this on facebook, thought about doing it, saw that Barry was having a little fun with it, posted my own on facebook and have now decided to copy it here too...
These are the 25 "random" things I came up with:
1. I think running a marathon (or any other sort of running race) would be neat, just to say I did it.
2. I hate running.
3. I’m very excited at the prospect of being someone’s mother. I’m also terrified.
4. I don’t think I understood what unconditional love was until I found my husband. I knew I had it at least with my parents, but I didn’t understand it. Now I’m able to appreciate what I have with my extended family that much more.
5. My best friend has been so since the 1st grade. There are few more amazing things to me, on so many levels.
6. Most dogs scare me, if even just a little bit. And I know that in 99% of the cases that’s completely irrational and I still can’t help it.
7. I like to be in control, even if I tell myself that I’m OK with not being, I know it’s definitely part of my growing to let that go.
8. I also know I worry too much, but I can’t seem to stop myself.
9. I’ve been a non-smoker for just over 1 year, after smoking for 11.
10. I mostly blame gaining almost 30 lbs. in a little over a year on quitting smoking.
11. I have struggled with weight my whole life.
12. Outside of the United States, I’ve been to Canada (if you count that), Spain, Morocco, India, Jamaica, and the Cayman Islands (and soon, Costa Rica!)
13. I very much believe in karma.
14. I think cutting coupons and getting the most out of a deal is fun!
15. My favorite place to vacation is at Burt Lake with the family!
16. I probably carry too much guilt. I still feel guilty for things I did as a kid, that most likely were just being a kid. Mostly though, I feel guilty for having been mean and/or bratty to my parents.
17. My brother wasn’t always my best friend, but now that we’ve both grown up, he could do almost no wrong in my eyes, at least not much that I wouldn’t forgive him for. There definitely isn’t much that I wouldn’t do for him, or my nephew for that matter.
18. I wish I’d been a better Girl Scout.
19. I think I probably should have been born about 2 decades earlier – I think I would have been an awesome flower child.
20. We have two cats that always make me smile when they almost always greet me at the door when I get home (they’re like less scary versions of a dog).
21. It might be cliché, but I wish I’d paid more attention to what my grandmothers had to offer. I desperately hang on to anything that I do have from both of them, in lessons and objects.
22. I’m a sucker for nostalgia and attach sentiment to most every thing. I suppose I don’t apologize for it though.
23. I might be a perfectionist, to such an extreme that sometimes if I don’t feel like I can do something perfectly then I don’t do it at all. Either that, or I’m just lazy :D
24. I have next to no fashion sense, although it’s better than my rhythm, I do know it, and don’t apologize for it either.
25. I’m doing my best to learn not to care so much about what other people think.
I encourage you to give this a try, if even as just an excercise for yourself. But it's fun to pass along too... send an email or two!